March Virtual Event
For Central Service/Sterile Processing Professionals
FREE for members!
Saturday, March 5, 2022
CCSA Member = FREE
(Cost below includes 1 year membership)
Non-member = $25
Student = $15
10 to 11am – Session 1
11 to 11:15am - Halftime
11:15am to 12:30pm – Session 2
Continuing Education Credits
IAHCSMM = 2 CE Credits
CBSPD = 2 CE Credits
What Am I Looking at: Visual Inspection
- Define optical inspection
- Review the benefits of optical inspection of medical devices
- Review various methods for optical inspection
- Demonstrate examples of inferior cleaning exposed with the use of optical inspection
Cheron Rojo, AA, CRCST, CIS, CER, CFER, CHL
Clinical Education Coordinator - Healthmark Industries
Cheron Rojo is a CRCST (Certified Registered Central Service Technician), CIS (Certified Instrument Specialist), (CER) Certified Endoscope Reprocesser), (CFER) Certified Flexible Endoscope Reprocesser, CHL (Certified Healthcare Leader), and FCS (Fellow Central Service). He served on the PDRC (Professional Development Resource Committee) for IAHCSMM, as well as the Education Director for the CCSA (California Central Service Association).
Mr. Rojo has 30 years in the Sterile Processing arena as a has a Sterile Processing Technician, SPD Educator, an Instrument Coordinator, and a Surgical Technologist in the Surgical realm. Mr. Rojo is currently one of the Clinical Education Specialists for Healthmark Industries and has been with the company for over three and half years. Mr. Rojo currently resides in Las Vegas, Nevada.
He graduated with his BS in Communication and with a certificate in Marketing in April of 2021. He graduated in 2008, with highest honors from Fresno City College with an Associates of Arts in Speech Communication specializing in public speaking and team dynamics. He is also currently on the AAMI working groups for ST79, PB70, ST91, TIR99. Mr. Rojo has also taught the CRCST and CIS courses since 2006 for new and existing Sterile Processing technicians.
Mr. Rojo has also presented to local colleges and seminars across the country for numerous organizations like; APIC, SGNA, AAMA (the American Association of Medical Assistants, AORN, CBSPD, and IAHCSMM with topics relating to the Periop arena, specializing in effective communication, and the struggles of Sterile Processing today.
Mr. Rojo is a published author in the AORN Journal and in Surgical Products. Cheron Rojo is a member of IAHCSMM and AORN and named the 2018 “Educator of the Year” by the Golden West Central Service Chapter. And he also received his (FCS) Fellowship through IAHCSMM in October of 2021 on a study regarding the issues surrounding insulation testing.He is a great advocate for nurturing education throughout the United States and believes “Attitude is Everything!”
Not Just Pots and Pans; It’s a Process
Too often healthcare institutions are uninformed concerning the infrastructure necessary to provide the services they offer and/or their customers require. The Central Sterile Processing department for decades has been a key provider of services to critical areas within the hospital and clinic setting and very little is known about the resources necessary to provide safe and efficient customer service. Due to the nature of the tasks and activities that take place in the department, it is imperative that one gain an understanding of importance of this area of service as well as give respect to the processes that are required to provide these services.
- Understand the nature of the tasks performed in the Central Sterile Department.
- Understand the regulatory guidelines that govern the activities that occur within the Central Sterile Processing department.
- Gain an understanding of the processes required to provide services of reprocessing.
- Gain and insight to managing customer expectations and establish a collaborative process to meeting those expectations.
Jamelle R Ross, RN, BSN, MHA, CRCST
Regional Director of Clinical Operations for the Instrument Processing Services (IPS) division – Steris IMS
Jamelle Ross is employed by Steris/IMS as Regional Director of Clinical Operations for the Instrument Processing Services (IPS) division. She is responsible for implementation of on-site sterile processing improvement projects including performing work as a clinical liaison, technician/manager educator and quality systems evaluator. She is skilled in AORN, AAMI and Joint Commission regulations.
She holds a Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing, a Master’s degree of Health Services Administration, certifications in PeriOperative Nursing, Nursing Administration, Trauma Nursing, Legal Nurse Consulting, Forensic Nursing and Central Sterile Processing.
- Over 20 years of progressive Perioperative experience including clinical, administrative and executive management
- Healthcare Consulting experience with a major medical manufacturer for nine (9) years
- Expertise in hospital based perioperative services including Outpatient Services, Post-anesthesia Care, Endoscopy and Sterile Processing
- Clinical expertise in the assessment, planning, implementation and on-site management of hospital central sterile departments