Ventura County Health Care Agency
Sterile Processing Technician I/II
Locations: Ventura County Medical Center (VCMC) or Santa Paula Hospital
Salary: $35,472.32 - $53,320.50 Annually
Under close supervision, Sterile Processing Technicians are assigned to the Ventura County Medical Center (VCMC) or Santa Paula Hospital and responsible for decontamination, inspection, testing, sorting, assembling, packaging, distributing and collecting a variety of reusable medical and surgical equipment, instrumentation and supplies, and operating autoclave in the sterilization of same; perform related duties as required.
More Information and Apply
STERILE PROCESSING & DISTRIBUTION TECHNICIAN
$3,701.69 - $4,499.42 Monthly
The Contra Costa County Health Services Department is seeking to fill one permanent, intermittent Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician position assigned to the Contra Costa Regional Medical Center located in Martinez, CA.
As a Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician, you will be responsible for the cleaning, decontamination, inspection, packaging and sterilization of surgical instruments and medical devices. Duties include receiving, sorting, cleaning, inspecting and preparing instruments and medical devices for patient care use; operating various types of processing equipment including sterilizers; maintaining records associated with quality assurance; and distributing patient care products to areas within the medical treatment facility.
The incumbent will receive supervision from the Sterile Processing Supervisor or the Nursing Manager of the assigned Health Center.
We are looking for someone who:
- Demonstrates exceptional attention to detail
- Has the ability to work independently
- Exercises excellent judgement and decision-making skills
- Is able to collaborate and be a strong team player
- Has a thorough understanding of infection control principals
- Has experience with patient care practices
What you will typically be responsible for:
- Decontamination – cleaning and disinfecting surgical instruments from the Operating Rooms, Labor & Delivery, and the Emergency Room
- Sterilization – preparing instruments for processing in sterilizers and packing sterilized instruments
- Crash carts – stocking and restocking carts after code blue or when a supply expires
- Scopes – cleaning and high-level disinfecting GI scopes, TEE scopes, Bronchoscopes and Anesthesia scopes
License Required: Possession of a valid California Motor Vehicle Operator's License. Out-of-state valid motor vehicle operator’s license will be accepted during the application process.
Education: Possession of a high school diploma, a G.E.D. equivalency, or a high school proficiency certificate and proof of successful completion of a formal sterile processing training program.
Applicants must attach a copy of their Sterile Processing Training Program certificate.
Substitution: Two years of recent full-time or its equivalent experience in a Sterile Processing unit of an acute care hospital performing sterile processing and distribution functions may be substituted for completion of a formal sterile processing training program.
Other Requirements: A background investigation/fingerprint and/or physical exam may be required prior to the start of employment.
Apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/contracosta/jobs/3255417-0/sterile-processing-and-distribution-technician or our
Careers page: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/contracosta.
Equal Opportunity Employer